Farewell Mountain Meadows News
Welcome "The Lark,"
MM Literary Magazine
On Monday, August 18, fifteen residents led by Teri Stember and Donna Taylor met in the Jefferson Room to discuss reviving the Mountain Meadows Newsletter. The discussion was lively and was focused on finding solutions to the problems that caused the Newsletter to be discontinued after the May issue this year.
The following are the decisions made by the group:
1. Articles that are time sensitive and are related to promotion of events will be submitted to the Weekly Update, or the “WU” (woo).
2. The new and revived Mountain Meadows publication will be called "The Lark." It will be published every two months.
3. "The Lark" will serve as a literary magazine for MM residents.
4. The content of the magazine will include reviews of past MM events, stories, interviews, poems, book reviews, theater reviews, an opinion page, neighborhood updates, an OLLI section, and each publication will highlight a committee or interest group.
5. A Steering Team will oversee the publication, choosing themes, gathering a team of writers, setting timelines for publication and interfacing with SRS.
6. An Editing Team will check for proper spelling, grammar and syntax. Every effort will be made to retain the "voice" of the writer.
7. No negative items in regard to Mountain Meadows will be printed and MM residents' privacy will be upheld.
The next meeting is scheduled for September 2 at 2:00 in the Jefferson Room.