Current Mountain Meadows COVID-19 policies
The Mountain Meadows Owners Association Board of Directors and the RCM staff are working very hard to keep thingss as normal as possible while keeping everyone safe and healthy. We are aware that some other 55+ communities in the Rogue Valley are opening other facilities, including dining rooms; However, there is no one-size-fits-all approach. Mountain Meadows is unique in that residents do not have to be on total lockdown as with some other communities in the area. Residents here have access to public areas outside our community and also have outsiders visiting. That is a good thing, and that is what has kept many of you sane during this global pandemic. However, because of those considerations, the Board is choosing to take a very conservative approach to re-opening our common facilities. That is being considerat and protecting each one of you. Thank you for your patience as the Board continues to evaluate our guidelines.
Access to Common Facilities will be restricted
In line with Governor Kate Brown's executive orders, March 25 the Board closed access to the Clubhouse to all residents, owners and guests, including the Mt. Ashland Room, meeting rooms, Game Room and Pool. Only authorized personnel will be allowed in these areas. The Community Library, Fitness Center, Wood Shop and Craft Room are open during limited hours and under strict Covid-19 safety procedures. All of these areas will be sanitized frequently and hand sanitation stations will be available throughout the working areas. Face masks will be worn at all times by everyone in the Clubhouse and Fitness Center.
The shared elevator between the Clubhouse and Parkside will be restricted to the Parkside building only.
Please know, however, that the management staff will be on-site to assist where possible, including two staff members on weekend. We encourage you to contact us via phone or email and not visit the clubhouse unless it is an urgent maintenance matter. Contact phone numbers and emails for Staff are unchanged and available elsewhere on the site. While on-site, staff members will be answering the phones and cleaning the highly used areas including the Parkside and Pavilion common elements. These restrictions and new schedule will be in place until further notice.
There will be a box mounted at the front of the Clubhouse for you to drop off payments or any other correspondence.
Weekly Updates and Menus will be distributed primarily by email
The Weekly Update and the weekly food menu will be distributed to most residents via email and available on the resident website. However, residents without access to email or internet will will have the printed version distributed to their front doors.
Food Services will be by pre-order and delivery only
Morrison will continue to prepare and deliver food and are using stringent safety precautions including wearing gloves, masks, washing hands constantly and monitoring Dining staff temperatures. The weekly menu will be distributed on Monday, lunches and dinners will be delivered to residences, and residents are asked to submit their orders for their meals by 4:30 pm the day before that meal. Ordering for the whole week at one time is preferred, but orders can be submitted just for one day ahead.
Community Library is open under Covid Safety Procedures
The Community library is now open for residents to check out books, magazines, audio book CDs and video DVDs, though the Clubhouse is still now open for formal or informal social gatherings.
1. Library hours are 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday.
2. Residents will need to use the Sonitrol key fob to gain access to the Clubhouse; the Library is open to residents only.
3. Face masks will be worn by all residents while in the Clubhouse.
4. Management will provide hand sanitizer, wipes and latex gloves to use when in the library. A station with these items will be set up near the Library.
5. Signs to remind residents of procedures have been hung in the Library area. Residents need to follow the signage.
6. A maximum of two people at a time will be allowed in the Main Library. One person at a time will be allowed in the Periodical Room. Others will need to wait their turn in the Mount Ashland room while still maintaining social distance.
8. Residents will use a sanitary wipe to clean the pen before and after entering information to check out a book or DVD. Residents may bring their own pen.
9. Residents will return items to the cart as usual and librarians will wear gloves to shelve books and wipe return DVDs.
The Library Committee and on-site staff look forward to seeing you return and we will warmly welcome you.
Woodshop and Craft Room open on a limited basis
The Woodshop and Craft Room on the loading dock area of the Clubhouse are open during the same hours that the Library is open, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., and Tuesday and Thursday.1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. These rooms may be accessed by authorized users through the lower level entrance to the Clubhouse, not through the main entrance. Use is limited to two people at a time in the Workshop, with social distancing maintained and masks worn at all times. Use of the Craft Room is limited to one person at a time.
Fitness Center open, but with restrictions
The Fitness Center is open Tuesdays through Saturdays 8:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. under the State of Oregon’s Public Health Division’s Specific Guidance for Fitness-related Organizations.
Check-in times are between classes Carol Lee teaches and her lunch. These times are:
Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
8:00 – 8:15 AM
9:45 – 10:15 AM
11:45 AM – 12:15 PM
1:45 – 3:45 PM
Wednesday and Friday
8:00 – 8:45 AM
9:45 AM – 12:15 AM
1:45 – 3:45 PM
Protocols for FItness Center Use
Most importantly, if you have traveled, or are sick, or have been close to anyone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or are at an increased risk for severe illness, you are asked to stay home and do not enter the Fitness Center.
Other protocols are as follows
- Maximum number of participants in the Fitness Center at one time is six.
- Sanitize hands in the foyer before entering the Fitness Center.
- Enter through the front door and exit through the back door.
- Follow the large orange one-way arrows taped to the floor.
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distance from other individuals in Fitness Center.
- At all times, wear a mask or a mask AND a face shield.
- Carol Lee will check you in. There is a waiver for you to sign.
- Wash hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds and/or use hand sanitizer during and after your workout.
- Clean and sanitize all equipment before and after use.
- Only one individual at a time in the locker rooms. Sinks and toilets are available.
- The Fitness Center is open for residents and owners only.
- Guests, massage therapists, and foot nurses, are not to enter the Fitness Center.
- Caregivers must wear a mask and gloves at all times, stay close to the resident they are working with, and maintain 6-foot distance from other individuals in Fitness Center.
- Water fountains are turned off. Please bring your own drinking water.